Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. We strive to impact our community, ending homelessness, one person at a time. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team, see what we can do together, through the power and compassion of Jesus Christ.
You belong here if:
Ø You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
Ø You are called to help men, women, and children overcome homelessness.
Ø You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
Ø You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
Ø You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
We are pleased to offer:
Mel Trotter offers a competitive benefits package consisting of many unique benefits not found elsewhere, along with the traditional benefits for full time staff of insurance, time off, disability, and retirement. Some examples of our unique benefits available on-site to all staff are:
· Free chiropractic services
· Free legal consultation
· Dental clinic serving those with and without insurance
· Certified counselor to assist with personal challenges
RN for Prfoundly Intoxicated Shelter - Part Time and Temporary
We will trust you with:
· Provide accurate documentation of all Guest interactions and medical interventions
· Provide triage and medical assessments of Public Inebriates (PI) and Program Guests with emergent medical complaints
· Assist with Health Education and referrals to hospitals, agencies and clinics as needed for Program Guests
· Assist in coordinating and providing TB skin tests for staff and Flu shots when available.
· Provide patient care using critical reasoning skills and ethical judgement that supports a safe standard of care, advocacy for patients in an alternative healthcare environment
· Evaluate an interdisciplinary plan of care for a diverse population who is experiencing a variety of physical and psychosocial health states in a community setting
· Coordinate and evaluate medical inventory or item donations
· Maintain PI statistics needed for PI Program funding needs
· Integrate theory and evidence –based knowledge in the application of nursing care for clients while supporting the goals of health promotion, health maintenance, and disease prevention in a community-based setting
· Direct, teach, mentor, coach and work with nursing students when they are on site, helping them acclimate and achieve success with their internship
Bring your strengths:
· Formal training in the nursing field with a State of Michigan RN License
· Current CPR Certification.
· Prefer minimum 3 years of experience
· Some crisis intervention training and/or experience
· Proficient with MS Office Suite
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including grammar and business writing
· Models professionalism