This position is responsible for providing triage of medical complaints, First Aid and CPR, and a medical assessment of Guests brought into the Public Inebriate Program via EMS, police or walking in on their own. The nurse also responds to all medical emergencies that occur in the building.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· Passionate – commitment to faith-based approach to advocacy for the guests
· Humble – supportive team player, acknowledges own gifts and those of others, transparent, seeks input, admits and learns from mistakes, highly coachable and approachable
· Hungry – initiative, innovative, goal-oriented, eager contributor, dedicated work ethic
· People Smart – empathy, compassion, active listener, self-aware, sensitive across racial, class and cultural lines, ethical, approachable
· Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
· Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
· Ability to communicate verbally and to accurately hear, with hearing correction
· Ability to see 20/20, with vision correction
· Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, and up to 35 pounds regularly
· Able to use fine motor hand functions
· Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
· Formal training in the nursing field with a State of Michigan RN License
· Current CPR Certification.
· Prefer minimum 3 years of experience
· Some crisis intervention training and/or experience
· Proficient with MS Office Suite
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including grammar and business writing
· Models professionalism
· Provide accurate documentation of all Guest interactions and medical interventions
· Provide triage and medical assessments of Public Inebriates (PI) and Program Guests with emergent medical complaints
· Assist with Health Education and referrals to hospitals, agencies and clinics as needed for Program Guests
· Assist in coordinating and providing TB skin tests for staff and Flu shots when available.
· Provide patient care using critical reasoning skills and ethical judgement that supports a safe standard of care, advocacy for patients in an alternative healthcare environment
· Evaluate an interdisciplinary plan of care for a diverse population who is experiencing a variety of physical and psychosocial health states in a community setting
· Coordinate and evaluate medical inventory or item donations
· Maintain PI statistics needed for PI Program funding needs
· Integrate theory and evidence –based knowledge in the application of nursing care for clients while supporting the goals of health promotion, health maintenance, and disease prevention in a community-based setting
· Direct, teach, mentor, coach and work with nursing students when they are on site, helping them acclimate and achieve success with their internship