You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work at Herman Miller as an Auditor - Senior (Business Risk) and make both.
About this Opportunity
As an Auditor - Senior (Business Risk), you'll apply expert knowledge of accounting principles, concepts, and theories in conducting activities to support of Business Risk audits or internal controls. You will complete assignments that are complex, broad, and require an advanced understanding an experience in auditing, accounting, and finance principles.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Analyze and interpret data and processes to deliver high value audit reports to create impact for the end customer. Your duties will be performed with minimal supervision.
- Collaborate with Finance colleagues and internal/external Herman Miller contacts to collect, validate, and interpret data. You will assist in communicating internal control deficiencies and remediation to internal and external clients.
- Conduct activities as an individual contributor to identify and remediate internal control gaps as well as maintain and monitor effective internal controls.
- Develop and independently implement audit steps for operational, financial, and compliance audits.
- Provide professional mentoring to less experienced team members.
- Receive general guidance on assigned activities, conferring with leadership when appropriate.
- Support the implementation of the Business Risk Assurance strategic plan through audits of the accounting and statistical data of the organization as well as the activities of various departments to ensure compliance with plans, policies, and procedures prescribed by the Audit Committee and senior management.
- Determine proper accountability of assets and audits accounting records of contract agreements in which the organization is involved.
- Promote a strong internal control environment through the assessment and testing of controls pertaining to financial accounts and processes.
- Evaluate compliance with certain laws and regulations relating to corporate governance and financial statement accuracy.
- Participate in the annual assessment and testing of internal controls as part of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Six or more years of professional accounting experience.
- The ability to work cooperatively both in a team environment and independently.
- Competencies that include higher level business acumen, organization skills, and the ability to be accurate and timely in completing work assignments.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.