Loss Prevention Officer - Security * Shift Varies - 32hrs/wk.
Requisition #: req1444
FTE status: 0.8
This position has a schedule of week 1: Monday 2pm - 10pm, Friday/Saturday/Sunday 6am - 2pm and week 2: Monday 2pm - 10pm, Friday 6am - 2pm, & Saturday/Sunday 2pm - 10pm.
To provide a safe and secure environment for employees, physicians, visitors, patients, and property of Metro Health hospital and its subsidiaries. Monitors and controls access to all area grounds, both internal and external. Participates in preparation and training for fire and other emergencies, responds to emergency request for security assistance, documents incidents, and transports employees and patients when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Previous security experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and analytic ability.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Must be able to function under stressful circumstances and to quickly analyze and take appropriate action in emergency circumstances, also the ability to make independent decision-making.
- Security officers is in constant contact with others, a calm and professional disposition is essential, the security officer must adhere to strict code of ethics and not be swayed by others.
- Pressure Point Control Tactics (PPCT) Certification or Threat Pattern Recognition Use of Force Basic certification is preferred within the first year and required annually, will train.
- Must be accountable when supervisor is not on-site and must be able to take proper action or contact supervisors for assistance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Training and preparation for fires and other emergency situations conducting fire and disaster drills inspecting fire extinguishers and other emergency equipment.
- Responds to emergency request for security assistance documenting all activities and incidents.
- Transports staff and patients when necessary.
- Relieves Switchboard/Dispatch staff for breaks or when necessary.
- Releases bodies to appropriate parties according to body release policy.
- Assists with physical restraints for patients and other individuals when necessary.
- Documents lost and found items and inventories.
- Investigates thefts and situations requiring security assistance.
- Records parking information and enforces parking policy.
- Will assist with vehicles when needed
- Escorts employees, patients, and visitors to their vehicles when needed.
- Assist in training new security staff.
- Will operate computers, security radio, switchboard consoles, and security cameras, as well as, all equipment necessary to perform duties.
- Inspects fire extinguishers monthly.
- Operate and inspect transport vehicles.
- Conducts internal and external patrols for all shifts.
- Records activities on daily log to ensure communications with all shifts and officers.