Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.Currently Meijer is seeking a Cloud Engineer to participate in the journey from On-Premise to Cloud in the areas of best practices, cost optimization, monitoring, operations, and support. As a Cloud Engineer, you will monitor cloud systems to ensure they are operating efficiently, assess deployed systems looking for opportunities for optimization, ways to improve the processes including monitoring and analytics, and investigate anomalies in behavior or cost.
Must have Microsoft Azure experience engineering in an enterprise environment. This position is not eligible for sponsorship or transfer of sponsorship.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Responsible for day to day operations of software and systems running on Microsoft Azure Including the installation, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of systems, software, and other related Azure services
- Use ticketing system to assist internal customers with issues and status information
- Perform routine tasks such as monitoring, server management, user and group administration, software installation, imaging, etc.
- Windows and Linux administration
- Troubleshoot Windows and Linux operating systems, network, cloud services, storage, applications, and firewalls
- Apply patch and security changes per policy and proactively monitor the environment for compliance
- Maintain documentation for configurations, operating procedures, and service records relating to cloud instances and software
- Participates in change management processes to include patch compliance which also includes Information Assurance Validation Testing
- Assist with the forecasting and managing of server technologies and growth, coordinate and manage client/server disaster recovery planning
- Work with the Architecture team to enhance the automation capabilities of deployment, monitoring, maintenance using DevOps practices
- Participate in long- and short-range technology planning
- Participate with the Architecture team in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation
- Participate in off-hours on-call rotation
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline and/or equivalent work experience and technical training is required.
- Minimum 5 Years of experience in application engineering and IT support required.
- Microsoft Azure AZ-100 or AZ-103 certification
- Microsoft Azure experience in an Enterprise environment
- 3+ years of hands on experience with Windows and/or Linux System Administration, preferably in an Enterprise environment, supporting large scale server deployments
- PowerShell development experience
- Experience with Version Control systems such as Git and Azure DevOps
Additional Desired Skills:
- Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies AZ-300 Certification
- Experience working in an Agile environment utilizing the SAFe Agile framework
- Azure production deployment and maintenance automation using Infrastructure-As-Code, Azure ARM templates, PowerShell, and Azure DevOps
- Active Directory Administration on-prem and Azure Active Directory
- Experience with virtual and physical server builds
- Experience with patch management
- Experience with backup / recovery, and disaster recovery
- Software development experience
- Experience working with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment technologies, including Git, Azure DevOps, Puppet, Chef, etc.