About This Position
Do you like math?
Do you like a fast paced work environment where there is opportunity to grow?
Do you enjoy working in plastics manufacturing, would you want to learn profile extrusion?
Would you like to work for an Employee Owned Company?
If you said yes to the questions above, then we have the perfect job for you!!
3rd shift - $.75 shift premium
Custom Profile is looking for a self-driven employee to join our team! The successful candidate will perform various tasks involved in the production of Custom Profile’s productions. All operators inspect parts using measurement tools, packing parts according to the spec and help in the set-up of production lines.
Custom Profile, an Employee Owned company, is a manufacturer of plastic extruded products with over $40 million in annual sales and 330 employees at its locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Juarez, Mexico. The company is an industry leader in the profile extrusion industry, currently ranked 65 on the list of largest plastic extruders across all market segments for 2018, up 4 spots from 2017. The company is looking to grow organically and acquisitively with plans of $50+ million revenue in the next 3-5 years. Founded in 1992, Custom Profile has enjoyed consistent annual growth.
- Competitive Salary, paid weekly
- Performance based bonuses
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with company match
- Gym Reimbursements
- Monthly wellness events with the opportunity to earn wellness points toward wellness items
- Monthly community service events
- Attendance Bonus of up to 4 paid days per year
- Apprenticeship Program
- Paid Time Off
- On-Site Flu Shots
- On-Site Biometric Screening
- Family Summer Outing
- Annual Company Meeting
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Training and Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Holidays
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple demands.
- Basic math skills
Experience in the following areas is preferred but not necessary:
- Basic computer skills
- Problem Solving
- Experience with manufacturing tools (calculator, measuring cup, weigh scale, steel rule, tape measure, pro-scale, calipers, comparator, protractor, laser gauge, warp gauge, tape gun, stapler)
- Basic Blueprint Reading Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 5S/Lean Manufacturing/Kanban
- Be able to stand in one place and perform continuous and repetitive movements which may last for up to 8 hours.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Safety glasses, ear protection and closed toe shoes must be worn on the production floor.