Responsible for sourcing and purchasing goods or services to meet the customer and organization’s needs. They play a crucial role in maintaining the supply chain and ensuring that products or services are delivered on time and within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Vendor Management: Manage & maintain relationships with existing suppliers, evaluating their performance, and ensuring they meet the organization’s quality and service standards. This may include resolving disputes and addressing issues that arise during the procurement process. Maintaining supplier portal(s) for optimal performance.
- Sourcing: Issue POs for all components, reviewing order confirmations, and managing the purchase price variance (PPV). Manage and order all Kanban items based on ordering triggers.
- Negotiation: Negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers, including price, payment terms, delivery schedules, and quality standards. The buyer should stride to secure the best possible deals for the organization.
- Material Planning: Run daily planning reports and ensure customer schedules can be achieved. Responsible for releasing orders and assuming materials are available to meet schedule. Maintain exception report on schedule changes.
- Budget Management: Work within budget constraints to ensure cost-effective procurement. The buyer may be responsible for cost analysis, cost reduction strategies, and cost control. Identify and implement cost savings throughout the supply chain.
- Market Research: Stay informed about market trends, pricing, and product availability. Analyze market conditions to make informed procurement decisions.
- Inventory Management: Monitor and manage inventory levels to prevent overstock or stockouts while achieving related key performance indicators (inventory turns, cycle count, aged/obsolete, adjustments, etc). Ensure that the organization has the right amount of inventory to meet demand.
- Quality Control: Ensure that purchased goods or services meet the required quality standards and specifications. Implement quality control procedures and standards, as necessary.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of all procurement transactions, including purchase orders, contracts, and supplier agreements. Ensure compliance with legal and organizational documentation requirements.
- Compliance: Ensure that procurement activities adhere to all relevant laws, regulations, and organizational policies. This includes ethical and sustainable procurement practices.
- Reporting: Prepare reports on procurement activities, costs, and vendor performance to present to management or stakeholders.
Required Skills / Abilities
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical thinking
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management and organization
- Attention to detail
- Market knowledge
- Financial acumen
- Vendor relationship management
- Problem-solving abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or technical school and proven experience in manufacturing, preferably metal fabrication; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as blueprints, work orders, engineering specifications, safety rules, work rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of procurement software and tools.
- Familiarity with supply chain management principles.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of legal and ethical procurement practices.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, typical of a normal office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member works in an office environment. Team member is required to work on a personal computer on a regular basis, including viewing documents for extended periods of time on a computer monitor. Close vision capabilities are required. Team members occasionally consult with shop floor team members. May be required to lift up to 10 pounds.
This job has no direct reports.
As a full-service sheet metal fabricator, DeWys Metal Solutions and it's companies serve multiple industries across the U.S. with advanced product development, press brake, welding, and powder coating services. Companies have counted on us for more than 40 years because we listen carefully to their needs, collaborate closely, and consistently deliver uncompromised craftsmanship, often within a compressed timeframe.
Benefits Begin Day 1:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long term disability
- 401(k) matching
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Referral Bonuses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Monthly Bonus Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team member assistance program(EAC)
- On-Site Coaching
- Paid training through DeWys University
- Air-Conditioned Work Area