You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as an Executive Assistant 2 at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As an Executive Assistant 2, you'll perform advanced, diversified, and confidential administrative support activities under minimal supervision for key members of the Senior Executive Leadership Team. You will assist one or more Executive Leaders in a staff capacity by handling a wide variety of situations involving administrative office functions, relieving Executive Leaders of all administrative detail.
You'll spend about 30 percent of your time in this role in a project management capacity, driving product coordination-related projects forward.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Effectively and professionally interact with a variety of people (both internal and external) at all levels of the organization.
- Handle multiple project and administrative tasks simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment with often changing priorities.
- Inform others of the executive's views on policies or issues as needed in the absence of the executive, or become a liaison to executive.
- Maintain and update administrative records and process and track expense information related to leader/department activities.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computers utilizing standard and advanced office automation software and mobile telecommunication tools.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Schedule and maintain a calendar of appointments, travel arrangements, meetings, and related set up arrangements.
- Screen telephone calls, visitors, and correspondence of a highly critical business nature and resolve routine and complex inquiries as appropriate.
- Prepare routine and non-routine correspondence, memoranda, reports, material for presentations, and other documents with a high degree of accuracy and detail as appropriate. You may compose some documents for executive review and approval.
- Work with and ensure highly confidential and proprietary information.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Five years of administrative support experience with a minimum of two years of experience supporting executive level positions.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and decision making skills, and you can demonstrate the timely and responsive nature of client services.
- A demonstrated high level of written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate information, ideas, procedures, and processes in a logical sequence and at a level appropriate to the audience, resulting in effective working relationships.
- Proven experience handling detailed work in an independent, professional, and confidential manner.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- A broad and comprehensive experience in, and skill and knowledge of, Herman Miller policies and business practices.
- A demonstrated ability to be flexible in conducting work activities under continually changing schedules and business conditions, and an understanding of the flexibility of schedule required to service a global organization.
- A demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously in time critical situations.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.