Position Purpose Summary: The Employee Engagement & Retention Specialist is responsible for owning the Employee Engagement & Retention processes and corresponding deliverables. This position must work to understand the unique perspective of the target audience and their wants, needs, and priorities, in order to improve interaction and retention with the company. The person in this position is a highly organized, skilled communicator who has associate engagement experience and is excited to be operating in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Drive and supports internal employee satisfaction through effective and thoughtful communication of the “why” behind company actions. Build strong two-way rapport to have a pulse on engagement at Arbre Farms and Willow Cold Storage.
- Determine current and anticipated direct and indirect staffing numbers and needs based on upcoming production forecasts
- Recommend retainment strategies based on analysis of short-term and long-term retention data.
- Establish a “door is always open” persona where employee’s feel comfortable bringing job related concerns forward. Address concerns as able but ensure difficult or problematic concerns are communicated up to appropriate management personnel for a collaborative resolution.
- Develop/analyze metrics and key performance indicators surrounding retention which allows the ability to drill down into specific departments and shifts to recognize areas of opportunity. Collaborate with departmental leadership to address issues that is affecting retention in the identified area(s).
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives and processes for retaining diverse talent.
- Actively engage with every employee on the production floor on a consistent basis.
- Launch, manage and communicate employee engagement surveys and results.
- Build and manage systematic programs to keep our employee engagement efforts visible.
- Oversee and support the Employee Recognition and Incentive Programs and establish meaningful measurements of success and identifying program champions.
- Create and deliver communications and reports to leadership highlighting key performance indicators aligned to various engagement initiatives.
- Ensures company-wide events are on target and inclusive of employees.
- Establishes positive working relationships and credibility with all managers and leaders to drive engagement companywide.
- Assist in employee relations issues.
- Conduct exit interviews with all departing employees.
- Maintain employee confidence by keeping human resource information confidential
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communicator with skills in writing and public speaking
- Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft Office
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent with time and task management skills
- Ability to see the big picture as well as the small details
- Possesses tact and diplomacy
- The ability to forge new partnerships that bridge people and organizations
- Expert in delivering outcomes, achieving goals, and solving problems
- Attention to detail with exceptional analytical and process management skills
- Flexible, dynamic, and engaging, with strong interpersonal skills
- Creativity in developing programs and methods for engaging an audience toward the success of a goal
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously as well as the ability prioritize under deadline pressure
- Able to work independently or in a group setting
- Ability to drive the retention processes while providing responsive follow-up to employees and managers
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English is required and Spanish is desired
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is in consistent with Company standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
Education and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Years of experience: 5 years in a leadership role which included employee engagement or retention as a primary responsibility.
Physical Demands of the Position:
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee may sit, stand, stoop, reach, bend, squat, walk for varied lengths of time. This person may be required to lift up to 25 lbs at a time. Must possess the ability to handle varying levels of stress.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed general office conditions except when working in the actual production facility– where there is exposure to moving parts and vehicles; variable temperatures of both heat and cold; wet environment; loud environment.