About this Opportunity
As a Senior Financial Analyst (Product), you'll lead specialized finance-related activities in support of multiple/large projects, functions, or major business units/product lines. Your area of support will be a major element of the organization's business/operations. You will develop and/or oversee the preparation of highly detailed and the complex analyses and research for financial forecasts, projections, and reports. Your assignments will typically provide exposure to the most complex financial concepts, issues, and activities.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Conduct activities in accordance with GAAP and established Herman Miller guidelines.
- Confer with leadership and internal business partners on unusual issues/situations and identify reporting requirements.
- Coordinate, oversee, and liaison with Herman Miller Finance, both domestic and international.
- Develop and independently implement work strategies to achieve desired results.
- Influence business decisions by effectively forecasting, preparing, and presenting financial forecasts.
- Lead activities in support of multiple/large projects, functions, or major business units/product lines.
- Leverage extensive internal/external contacts at all levels in the organization.
- Review, evaluate, and negotiate existing and new financial services or products used within the corporation.
- Provide support on special projects as they arise, such as business acquisitions, divestitures, or new products.
- Provide professional mentoring to less experienced team members.
- Summarize financial performance, identify key performance indicators, and facilitate action plans to address significant risks and opportunities.
- Work with cross-functional areas to identify and implement continuous process improvements.
- Build out and enhance financial models for new and existing services, develop business insights and KPI dashboards, and lead ad hoc analyses.
- Create, maintain, and improve management reporting.
- Analyze new business ideas, make analytical judgments, and provide data intensive analyses to drive meaningful change.
- Build and enhance financial models used to forecast and report the company’s revenue and other key business metrics.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent. An MBA is preferred. A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is also preferred.
- Six years of experience in professional finance.
- Highly developed and thorough knowledge and expertise in finance area of specialty, resulting in the confidence to advise, influence, and partner with various groups to affect change, guide business decisions, and identify reporting needs.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Highly developed analytical skills to analyze problems and generate new ideas and solutions.
- The ability to identify, define, and resolve complex problems, projects, and programs, as well as the ability to identify trends and issues.
- The ability to accomplish desired objectives/outcomes by influencing individuals at all levels, including internal and external management.
- The ability to establish and implement policy and procedures in key areas.
- The ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams and manage projects.
- The ability to use office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the Herman Miller office environment, including a thorough understanding of financial software, Herman Miller information systems, data warehouses, and Business Intelligence tools.
- Advanced Excel modeling and analytical skills.
- Financial acumen and/or analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of results.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload, and achieve effective results.
- The ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present finding in a clear and concise manner.
- The ability to investigate, familiarize, and master new data sets quickly.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. MillerKnoll is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We’re committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.
MillerKnoll, Herman Miller’s parent company, is a federal contractor and is subject to the requirements of Executive Order 14042. As such, we are requiring all of our U.S.-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022.