Currently, Meijer is looking for a Store Human Resources Representative. The Store HR Representative provides HR support and assistance to store leadership through coaching and guidance on HR related matters including; staffing, workforce planning, training & development, retention, onboarding, employee relations, compensation, EEO, safety, HR policy, etc. The Store HR Representative partners closely with store leadership and the regional HR team to champion the HR goals and strategies by performing the following duties:
- Assist with the staffing, interview and selection process of leadership and non-leadership roles within the store and manage the applicant tracking system and applications for positions within the store.
- Oversee effective orientation, onboarding & training to drive engagement and retention.
- Champions engagement through mTeam, mCulture, mPerformance & other HR key initiatives.
- Ensures and facilitates effective communication to all team members in the store. Engages leadership to communicate and follow up with team members.
- Assist in the reporting, analysis, execution and follow up pertaining to talent management, talent development, talent acquisition, and total rewards processes and programs.
- Provides guidance to store leadership on career development resources for their team members, run reports and track progress of Individual development plans, talent profiles, development goals, training completion, and overall development efforts.
- Through the guidance of the HR Market Manager, provides consultation, direction, and recommendations to leadership regarding employee relations activities, dispute resolution procedures, corrective and disciplinary actions, terminations and EEO matters affecting employment.
- Assists with the investigation and resolution of employee complaints or policy violations.
- Provides business partner support regarding company policies and procedures covering the areas of employee relations, compensation and payroll, benefits administration, talent development, talent management, and disability management services.
- Support HR Market Managers with projects as needed.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- High School or equivalency required. Associate Degree or above in Human Resources preferred.
- Ability to present thought leadership, demonstrate leadership presence, and approachability
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
Strong planning, organizational and problem solving skills
Demonstrated ability to listen attentively and actively
Excellent communication skills both oral and written as well as the ability to facilitate both small and large groups in a variety of forums including formal presentations, working meetings, business reviews and informal discussions. Demonstrated ability to design effective meetings and small group interactions including one to one discussions and conflict mediations
Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and to build a positive rapport with all levels of the organization (up, down and sideways)
High Energy and adaptable
Time management and prioritization skills
Tenacity, emotional consistency, and courage to manage/address difficult situations
Schedule flexibility when business needs exist
Demonstrate confidentiality and ability to instill trust
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn HR systems applications.
1-3 years previous HR experience preferred
Leaders of People (to include Instills Trust)