- Job Status:
Clark is a Life Plan Community with a continuum of care. Our staff of professionals are committed to providing excellent service and a warm atmosphere for residents, visitors, and staff. Clark at Keller Lake is located on the South East side of Grand Rapids, nearest to the Cascade area in a beautiful wooded area on Keller Lake. Clark is a growing organization and provides independent living apartment homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and access to other ancillary services. We pride ourselves on our Life Enrichment Montessori programming to create a high quality of life environment for our residents.
What We Offer:
Clark offers a benefits package that goes above and beyond.*
Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including planned time off, sick time, and holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for Full Time Employees
- Clark sponsored Health Savings Account
- 403(b) program with Clark match and annual contribution (age 21 or older)
- Extended illness benefits
- Tuition reimbursement to promote lifelong learning and career advancement
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance - 100% coverage by Clark
- Onsite fitness room and pool/spa access
- Easy access to public transportation
- Discounts to local and national companies
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Clark values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named one of “West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” for three years in a row.
Clark is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment.
- Must have an active LPN license
- One to three years of experience working in an Assisted Living environment
- Experience working with persons with dementia preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Clear understanding of person centered care
- Teamwork oriented
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight guidelines
Clark Retirement is actively searching for LPNs to care for our elderly residents in our Assisted Living area. If you are organized, motivated, detail-oriented and have a strong compassion for others, then this will be the opportunity for you! Some of the essential job functions are as follows:
• Is responsible to see that quality nursing care is provided with the assistance of other team members to all residents living in the assigned area maintaining Clark standards and practice.
• Passing medications, performing treatments, monitoring care and overseeing staff. May be required to provide direct patient care to patients when necessary.
• Coordinates all aspects of each resident’s nursing care with the assistance of other team disciplines for the time assigned with them.
• Ensure that proper resident care standards and practices are followed
• Communicates with residents, families and designated representatives about resident care issues
• Receives, reviews and notes physician and pharmacy orders, x-ray and lab reports and therapy recommendations.
• Assesses and reports change of condition to physician as necessary and appropriate
• Assures appropriate documentation is completed as required, verbally and written utilizing computer when necessary
o Clark utilizes Matrix Care
• Communicates regularly with assisted living leadership about matters affecting the operations, residents, families and employees
• Demonstrate knowledge of environmental issues related to personal safety and create an environment that ensures the safety of residents, visitors, and employees. Follows protocols when an incident occurs
• Anticipates resident needs in order to redirect
• Provides continuity of care in correlation with the other shifts over a 24-hour period.
• Performs other related duties assigned by the director and/or clinical supervisor.
• Accounts for Narcotics CII and Controlled Substances CIII through CV with on-coming/off-going shift Charge Nurse.
• Works with scheduler to ensure that appropriate number of staff is on duty for each shift while minimizing overtime. Assists in creating daily assignments for staff
• Supports in the creation of annual reviews for unit-assigned staff
• Attends and conducts staff meetings and in-service training as required
• Responsible for education, coaching, mentoring and disciplinary processes of caregivers and Care Partners in a timely manner
• Participates in the orientation process of new employees to ensure that competency requirements are met.
• Participates in the on-call schedule.
• Works with outside agencies and vendors to enhance services offered to residents
• Complies and enforces licensing rules and regulations
• Adheres to the principles of Service Excellence
• All of duties as requested