Executive Assistant and Board Liaison - Executive * Days - 40hrs/wk
Requisition #: req1743
FTE status: 1
Under minimal supervision, the Executive Assistant & Board Liaison is a highly skilled and highly visible individual who provides administrative and operational support services for the Corporate and Hospital Boards of Directors and assigned Executive Vice President(s). The Board Liaison performs complex executive support, provides detailed reports and handles highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred but not required.
- Five (5) years of experience providing director / executive level professional administrative support strongly preferred.
- Finance / Accounting background a plus.
- Proficiency in event planning and social media a plus.
- Meticulous attention to detail and well organized; demonstrates high degree of confidentiality.
- Demonstrates an advanced level of interpersonal skills and proficiency utilizing various calendar and email platforms.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines, high volumes and managing multiple projects and schedules.
- Able to work independently with little supervision and demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Advanced degree of independent judgment and interpersonal skills.
- Able to deal with very sensitive issues in a tactful, positive and confidential manner.
- Must possess strong administrative and professional office skills including word processing, presentation development, and analytical ability.
- Must be able to make effective decisions and judgments; and is flexible and able to adjust to changing priorities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides executive administrative support for the Chairs of the Hospital and Corporate Boards, the Directors of both Boards and Committee members, as well as assigned Executive Vice President(s).
- Works closely with the CEO to prepare schedules, agendas and is tasked with keeping minutes and records of all Board and Committee meetings.
- Maintains outstanding communication / correspondence with Directors and Committee members utilizing various modalities.
- Maintains awareness with high degree of confidentiality on hospital and corporate issues.
- Maintains high level knowledge of Hospital and Corporate Board Bylaws and processes.
- Gathers and prepares data and completes special reports and surveys as required by various agencies with which the hospital is affiliated. Maintains established legal documents, policies, procedures and plans.
- Prepares packets, presentation materials and power point slides for various board/committee meetings and special projects.
- Generates professional level correspondence from EVP’s and/or self to physicians, board members, and executives from other institutions, businesses, and government.
- Arranges travel itineraries and reservations, seminar and conference registrations. Prepares expense reports and tracks and verifies monthly hospital credit card statement expenses.
- Answers, responds and resolves telephone calls for assigned EVP’s and refers calls to appropriate individuals in the organization when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may include but are not limited to: Maintaining a current knowledge base of department processes and procedures for patient care, pursuing self-directed learning and continuing education opportunities, and participating on committees, task forces, and work groups as determined by management. Providing executive administrative support for various Executives and/or legal department.