Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We dream and dare more for MTM because all of God’s people deserve more. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Together and through the power of Christ, we can do immeasurably more to solve homelessness in our community.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness.
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
Recovery Program Advocate – Full Time
This position is the daily point of contact for Step-up Recovery Program guests. Responsibilities include the ability to assess the needs and barriers that brought the guest into recovery and assist guests on an individual basis in their achievement of daily, weekly, and life goals, and weekly curriculum, which are established through a written action plan, including coordination with outside agencies. This position provides spiritual support, guidance, and encouragement for recovery guests.
We will trust you with:
- Provide solution-focused case management services with a goal of helping guests attain tools for successful recovery
- Regularly communicate with guests including one-on-one sessions with assigned guests; provide spiritual mentoring, and prayer if requested
- Demonstrate proficiency in the case management software and utilize it on a daily basis to receive and share information
- Assist with and encourage guest attendance at chapel events and weekly classes that are focused around recovery
- Provide coordinator with recommendations on placement and progress of guests in areas of their recovery
- Secure testimonies from guests during their stay and upon discharge in conjunction with Marketing department and Director of Spiritual Services; secure alumni contact information from guests who successfully discharge
- Assist in adherence to program schedule
- Communicate daily with management and other staff, maintain up to date case management notes
Bring your strengths:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years’ experience in a related position
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel, outlook, powerpoint)
- Proficient with Case Management software platforms
- Professional, positive communicator, both written and verbally
- Highly organized, excels at time management and managing multiple projects
- Exhibits positive and effective leadership, training, and mentoring skills
- Exhibits professional and ethical behavior
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Ability to communicate verbally and to accurately hear, with hearing correction
- Ability to see 20/20, with vision correction
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, and up to 35 pounds regularly
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees