Credentialing Specialist - Medical Administration * Days - 40hrs/wk
Requisition #: req1521
FTE status: 1
Perform credentialing and recredentialing activities for all physicians and allied health providers. Preparation of meeting agendas, minutes and other departmental correspondence, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Preferred experience in credentialing and privileging
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Access
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service ability
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform credentialing and recredentialing activities for all physicians and allied health providers. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collection, scanning and processing of all files and preparatory application and reapplication paperwork, including processing criminal background checks, state licensure checks, National Practitioner Data Bank checks, peer reference forms, privileging and hospital verification forms.
- Data entry into credentialing software program
- Preparation of files to be sent to Credentials Committee
- Preparation of monthly Credentials Committee agenda and minutes and all board followup activities
- Assist with agenda and minutes for Medical Executive Committee.
- Generate all department reports, lists and labels, as requested.
- Provide orientation for allied health providers (tour of hospital, review of allied health policy, ID badge and other orientation duties.
- Collection and recordkeeping for annual staff dues and physician profile forms
- Serve as primary data entry point/gatekeeper for Physician Engagement forms and reports
- Serve as a department liaison for OMM Department (Super Tuesday).
- Process incoming department mail and verification requests.
- Maintenance of monthly expired credentials list (insurance, DEA and licensure for physicians and AHPs).
- Serve as a backup for SER master physician table entry and changes.
- Miscellaneous duties and projects, as assigned by Medical Administration Manager or V.P. of Risk Management