Job Title: Distribution Associate I - 2nd Shift
Department / Division: Midwest Service Center / Logistics
Location: Ada, MI
What do we need:
We are looking for a Distribution Associate to join our team in our Midwest Regional Service Center.
What’s special about this job:
The Logistics Division is responsible for supporting our customers, manufacturing plants, and global affiliates through their warehousing and Service Centers across the United States and Canada. They support all aspects of our business throughout the supply chain, including the final orders to our customers. Their motto is “Perfect Orders Every Time,” and they strive to exceed their customers’ expectations through a flexible and agile workforce. The Midwest Regional Service Center (MWRSC) is our largest facility, is based in Ada, Michigan, and provides pick, pack, and ship services to local Amway Business Owners, as well as domestic and international warehousing. As a Distribution Associate on the team, you will ensure that product is properly received and that orders are accurately picked, packed, and shipped out to our customers. In this role, you will work on 2nd shift and report to the Group Leader for the 2nd shift team with working hours Monday - Friday, 3:00pm - 11:00pm.
How you would contribute to the role:
You will have multiple responsibilities and variety in this role. This will include timely and accurate receiving, processing, and verifying of incoming shipments to ensure stock is received and replenished. You will also pick, pack, and ship orders to customers, confirming shipment counts with packing slips and purchase order numbers. You will be responsible for warehouse inbound and outbound orders on-site and across the globe. You will be operating a Hilo to load and unload trucks, as well as store and move materials. You will also assemble product kits and process returns. This position will require employees to be available Monday through Friday, with the department determining which days will comprise the 40-hour work week based upon scheduling demands.
- High school diploma
- Prior experience in a warehouse environment involving merchandise handling. 1 to 3 years is preferred
- Must be capable of lifting 0 – 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate a stand up and sit-down Hilo
- Experience in an industrial or warehouse setting preferred
Skills to be successful in the role:
- Ability to interface with customers and provide excellent customer service
- Basic computer skills to include inputting, retrieving, and analyzing data input into various warehouse programs and applications. Prior experience working with Red Prairie and/or JD Edwards Software is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to problem solve, ability to take initiative, and desire to develop and lead people is preferred.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment and tools in a safe manner. This may include a pallet jack, utility knife, and shrink wrap machine
This role is “Not” eligible for sponsorship.