Job title: Sr. Software Engineer (Data Platform)
Team: Optimized Data Platform
Salary Range: $100k and up, plus Bonus
Location: Ada, MI (Corporate)
What do we need:
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer or Developer to help us put together our new data platform to support our distributor business management tools and enable marketing automation.
What’s special about this team:
The Optimized Data Platform team consists of Architects, Software Developers, and a Scrum Master. This is a brand new team that formed earlier in 2020, and are building towards their initial rollouts. There is strong collaboration between the members of this team.
They are part of the broader Platform team that has worked on deployments of key applications globally and is also working on our RFID smart packaging technology. The team reports directly to the Director of IT Relationship Experiences.
How you would contribute to the role:
In this role, you would be helping us put together our new operational data store that will enable our Amway Business Owners (ABOs) to efficiently access data. The data exists currently, but the solution you will help create will optimize it for easy retrieval and high-speed performance to support ABOs managing their businesses on web and mobile devices.
This job is focused on back-end work. You will build:
- Data Models that enable speedy and efficient data storage and retrieval
- Event-based architecture and serverless execution environments in AWS
- Consumers that take the event feeds and data from other systems
- APIs so clients can quickly retrieve the data
You’ll know that you are successful in this role if you are making valuable contributions to the platform and its rollout.
What’s in it for you?
You will be working on cutting-edge tech in a very high-performing group at Amway. More than that, the solutions that you provide will result in measurable performance gains for the end user.
This is the right fit for you if:
- You have hands-on experience building data models for Graph database technology.
- You have experience with data integration strategies, event-based architecture and Cloud Native development.
*This position is not eligible for sponsorship*