Job Title: Sr. Tax Analyst
Department / Division: Corporate Tax/Finance
Salary Range: $88,982.25- $115,153.50
Location: Ada, MI – This is a hybrid position requiring 2 days per week in the office.
What We’re Looking For:
As a Tax Analyst for the US Domestic tax team, you will join colleagues comprised of dedicated, talented, and proactive individuals and report to the Manager of Corporate Income Tax. These individuals, CPAs and non-CPAs, handle a wide range of tax issues – including providing support to various Departments in the organization, gathering data and supporting documentation for tax audits, preparing tax returns and maintaining tax records.
You will review company federal, state, and local income tax returns, assist in the review of information prepared to support federal and state tax audits, handle federal and state tax notices, and focus on tax accounting during certain quarter reporting periods. You will also work on various projects identified throughout the year, such as research on federal and state tax issues and analysis of tax reform, amongst others.
This position will support the scoping, design, testing, implementation, ongoing maintenance and continued improvement of tax department processes, procedures, and technology solutions that are implemented supporting this role and its activities.
You will also be in a position to mentor our tax staff and assist in their development.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- Minimum of 6-8 years in a Corporate Income Tax department or public accounting firm, with the majority of the focus on corporate income tax with an international emphasis.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Skills to be successful in the role:
- Experience with OneSource software, Alteryx, Tableau and Oracle Business Systems – JDE and EBS is a plus.
- An ability to work cross-functionally with both business partners and finance colleagues at various levels of the organization.
- A high degree of financial, business, and analytical acumen, inclusive of the ability to effectively communicate and present complex tax and financial data (both verbally and written) to influence all levels and global audiences, helping others understand tax and financial data and to translate it into actionable business insights.
- Ability to think strategically and understand the broader view. Demonstrates an understanding of the long-term, "big picture" view of needs and opportunities.
- Thought leadership aided by the ability to connect dots and challenge assumptions.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills in handling multiple activities/projects simultaneously.
- An ability to research tax related statutes, regulations, and court cases.
What’s special about this team:
The Corporate Tax Department is responsible for tax compliance, tax accounting, and tax planning for Amway’s global organization. The Domestic team focuses on US Federal, State, and Local compliance including areas related to income tax, excise tax, sales and use tax, property tax, and tax credits. This position will mainly focus on federal corporate income tax, with an international emphasis, as well as state and local income tax.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.