Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you looking to work in a fast pace environment with a growing company?
Multiple hires needed!
Responsible for various types of pipe fabrication and machine welding and threading to customer specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of our customers by providing a positive customer experience.
- Weld and thread pipe to customer specifications by automated machine.
- Read mechanical drawings to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Operate fabrication shop machinery and equipment to make product according to the customer expectations.
- Set stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template.
- Observe machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measure workpiece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Remove burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from workpiece.
- Perform minor machine maintenance.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Comply with applicable OSHA regulations.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Company products and specifications.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Ability and skill to operate fabrication shop machinery.
- Ability to measure accurately.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations applicable to a shop environment.
- Effective communication, teamwork, and stress management skills
- Ability to easily adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide with or without using a calculator.
- Basic computer literacy.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; or
- Six months related experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Ability to pass operator exam and drive powered industrial equipment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand and walk; talk and hear; handle, reach, grasp, and use fingers; and position pipe up to 100 pounds.
- Regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to climb, stoop, crouch, and kneel.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, depth perception, and color vision.
- Work performed primarily inside but must go outside at times to gather/put away product and various tasks.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Pass substance abuse screening.