Pre Arrival Associate - Verifications - Pre-Arrival Services * Days - 40hrs/wk
Requisition #: req1723
Shift: Days (8:30a-5:00p)
FTE status: 1
Under the direct supervision of the Patient Access Manager, the verification/authorization associate is responsible for the verification of benefits and authorization of all outpatient procedures.
1. High School diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
2. College Education: 1-2 years preferred.
3. Certified Healthcare Associate Certification (CHAA) preferred.
4. Medical Terminology preferred.
5. Medical experience or knowledge required preferably 1-2 years.
6. Knowledge of medical coding/billing recommended. (ICD-10 and CPT)
7. Coding certification preferred.
8. Epic certification preferred.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to obtain complete and accurate patient demographic, financial and insurance information.
- Contacts physician offices and/or insurance companies to ensure the pre-certification and authorization requirements are obtained.
- Refers to ICD-10, HCPC and CPT department coding resources to validate codes are payable based on insurance guidelines.
- Collect patient co-pays, deductibles, and any outstanding balance accounts.
- Responsible for daily payment reconciliation.
- Responsible to complete a financial screen for self-pay accounts.
- Completes Epic work queues daily.
- Completes accounts in AHIQA daily.
- Ability to flex schedule to meet the demands of the department.
- Maintain or exceed current department goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Category: Admin & Clerical, Health Care, Customer Service