Job title: Sr. Software Developer (AWS, Full Stack)
Team: ABO and Customer Solutions
Salary Range: $91,000 - $113,000/yr, plus Bonus
Location: Ada, MI (Corporate)
What do we need:
We are looking for an eager Software Developer that wants to help lead the development of future state technologies for the MAGIC Bonus platform.
What’s special about this team:
The delivery team working on the Bonus side of the MAGIC platform consists of a team with diverse responsibility made up of a mix of employees and contractors. This delivery team is part of a larger team supporting MAGIC Bonus. This team thrives on collaboration and working together to create the best solutions possible to support our Amway Business Owners across the globe. This team is a self-managed, hardworking group of high achievers. This role reports up through the Manager of IT Sales Plan Solutions.
How you would contribute to the role:
As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for working with the team to implement the future state technologies for the MAGIC platform using agile methodologies for delivering. This environment promotes frequent collaboration with your teammates. You will be doing both front-end services and back-end Java development. You’ll work to build out the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline and develop Proof of Concept builds to evaluate new technologies.
This team is working on moving from a monolithic, on-premise architecture to an Agile, cloud-based solution. They’ll rely on your knowledge of AWS cloud computing to accomplish this. You would be measured on your contribution to the rollout of the future state of MAGIC, and how well you help the other developers learn AWS
Daily, you will:
- Update the team on your accomplishments and daily goals in the morning Stand-up meeting
- Develop and test applications
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Cloud Computing for the team
- Attend meetings as needed
To assist you in doing all of this, you will be given a “buddy” to help you get acclimated to the team and how they work together, as well as the business rules and the MAGIC platform. Some of the technologies you will have access to are Docker, AWS, Tomcat, Splunk, Spring, and DynaTrace.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- 6 years' experience in a Computer Information Systems discipline.
- 5 years' experience supporting large enterprise applications.
- 6 years' experience with database modeling and developing against relational databases.
- 5 years of total experience with application development tools such as Websphere, Maven and Jenkins. Any combination of these tools is acceptable.
- 3 years' experience with development and administration integration tools such as Web Methods and Mashery.
- 3 years of experience with quality assurance testing tools to develop test scripts, test plans and perform automated testing against development solutions.
- Experience working with AWS
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering
*This position is eligible for continued sponsorship*