Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
Let's start with the cool?workspace—after all, that's?our business. But that's just one of the ways?we help people?like you?do their best work. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking, we embrace?wellbeing in its broadest sense and we provide coaching and inspiration at every step of your career journey.?
What you will be doing:
Supports Steelcase Quality objectives and serves as the customer advocate in the total Supply Chain from our supply base through product development and manufacturing, to our customers. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of quality engineering principles to the completion of complex assignments. Takes a lead role in designing, installing and evaluating quality assurance systems, procedures and statistical techniques; designing or specifying inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; analyzing production and service processes and standards; recommending revision of specifications when indicated; formulating or helping formulate quality assurance policies and procedures. Responsible to lead and mentor less experiences engineers. Leads complex or cross-functional projects with other engineering components within the company and with customers and suppliers on strategic quality related issues.
- Able to effectively apply a complete understanding of quality engineering technical principles, concepts, practices, standards, and procedures of the quality engineering profession (e.g. ASQ certified Quality Engineer Body of Knowledge)
- Able to develop technical solutions to a variety of complex problems of strategic scope.
- Able to effectively make decisions in matters of significant to the customer experience.
- Able to proactively apply originality to improvement of practices and procedures.
- Able to effectively make decisions in matters of significance to the customer experience.
- Must be able to effectively interface with multiple functions within the company and with people of all levels of management/technical ability.
- Demonstrated project management skills with cross-functional teams; advanced facilitation skills.
- Able to represent the company as a prime contact on technical projects.
- Working knowledge of product testing requirements, product development cycle, and specials processes.
- Understands and able to interface with other segments of the order fulfill process.
Minimum of 4-7 years with a Masters Degree or 6-9 years with a Bachelors Degree or equivalent defined as a minimum of 4-6 years in Quality or Technical field (or 2-4 yrs. with Associates Degree), plus ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, Certified Reliability Engineer or Black Belt and demonstrated ability to apply the specific Body of Knowledge.
How to Apply:
We invite you to submit your resume/CV through our careers page – from steelcasecareersen.silkroad.com, view "Current Listings" and then search for the tracking code at the top of this posting. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.