AWS is a place where thousands of different personalities with the same customer obsession come to turn can’t-be-done into done. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join AWS, and we encourage our employees to bring their own voice and chart their own path.
As a Senior Sales leader you will have the opportunity to lead a sales team which focuses on adoption and expansion of our full service portfolio with our customers. We work backwards from our customers, focusing on their use cases and defining how our broad set of technology solutions can help them. Planning for market adoption, setting vision and strategy for your team, and pivoting on emerging market trends are all things you will do on a daily basis. You will help to identify with your team where our products need to go next to better serve our customers.
You will help drive revenue, adoption, and market penetration in accounts. You will hire and develop high performance teams that are focused on customer obsession and working backwards to help customers achieve outcomes. You will also be responsible for building your go-to-market initiatives across functional teams, specialist, and partner teams to help scale our business.
We're obsessed with customers, we see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we are comfortable with being called "peculiar." That might sound unorthodox, but our unusual approach and our culture - focused on removing obstacles so builders can build - are part of why our employees enjoy working at AWS.
We are a company of builders who bring varying backgrounds, ideas, and points of view to inventing on behalf of our customers. Come build the future with us.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Manage a team of 6+ Account Managers
· Hire and develop Account Managers
· Enabling custom outcomes with our strategic engagements
· Engage with our customers and own executive relationships
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
· Drive revenue and market share in a defined region
· Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets and objectives
· Develop and execute a comprehensive business plan
· Accelerate customer adoption
· Maintain a robust sales pipeline
· Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
· Manage contract negotiations
· Ensure customer satisfaction
· Expect moderate travel
· 10 years’ of quota carrying technology field sales management or business development experience leading teams that sell to medium and large enterprise accounts
· 7+ years’ experience managing sales teams with direct quota responsibility of at least $100M+
· 5+ years’ experience successfully building and executing go-to market plans for medium and large enterprise accounts
· BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
· A technical or educational background in engineering, computer science, or MIS
· Experience selling cloud solutions at a software company
· MBA/MS degree in relevant field
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **