Office Manager II - Hudsonville * Days - 40 hrs/wk
Requisition #: req1915
FTE status: 1
In coordination with the site Medical Director, the Office Manager is accountable for the assessment, planning, implementation, budgeting and evaluation of practice site activities to ensure efficient and effective operations. The Office Manager oversees the daily administration of the office operations including staffing, payroll, billing, collections, medical records, patient scheduling and other general office activities to ensure the best patient care experience for every patient and their significant others. The Office Manager II oversees a medium size or multiple physician practice site(s) in support of 6 to 9 providers.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, nursing or closely related field.
- Five (5) years of experience working in a physician practice and/or healthcare setting.
- Previous supervisor / management experience preferred.
- Must possess technical and professional skills required for medical office management.
- Good organizational skills and ability to complete projects in an efficient and timely manner.
- Functional knowledge and experience with team dynamics and processes.
- Working knowledge of medical billing procedure and diagnostic codes.
- Working knowledge of computers and Practice Management information systems.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and maintain regular attendance. Good oral and written communications skills. Ability to manage multiple requests and projects simultaneously. Ability to establish effective business relationships with customers.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Professional, business-like appearance and demeanor.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manages the daily administration of the practice site to ensure effective and efficient operations. Works closely with site Medical Director on all operational issues and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Manages support staff schedules and alternates as required to ensure adequate coverage to meet the operational need for the practice. May be required to perform support staff functions in the absence of designated staff. Works closely with the site Medial Director on provider scheduling to meet practice and patient needs. Ensures patient scheduling is aligned with provider coverage and adjusts appointments to meet the needs of the patient.
- Monitors and approves the bi-weekly payroll including scheduling, tracking, coordinating, and approval of time off for site support staff and providers.
- Interviews, hires, mentors and evaluates practice site support staff. Places emphasis on staff growth, education and development. Encourage a sense of cooperation and team work among all site team members. Oversees new hire training and orientation and assists with planning continuing education and in-service activities for site staff in conjunction with the Director of Practice Operations. Disciplines and discharges when necessary.
- Acts as a resource for support staff to research and resolve sensitive patient issues. Follows established standards, documents events and coordinates with other department to ensure patient issues are resolved in a timely manner with compassion and professionalism.
- In conjunction with Site Medical Director, Finance Manager, and Director of Practice Operations, reviews, implements and monitors the practice site budget. Evaluates, orders and maintains practice inventory to ensure operational overhead is within budget limits.
- Participates in quality assurance initiatives and follows established safety standards to ensure the site maintains a clean and safe environment for all patients and their families. Demonstrate knowledge of and respect for patient and significant others’ rights, including confidentiality and ensures access to information will be limited to that which is necessary to complete daily tasks in accordance with all HIPAA regulations.
- Accountable for ensuring concise, accurate and timely documentation of medical records in accordance with established policies, procedures and applicable laws and regulations that govern them. Ensures accurate and timely documentation for billing/collections for all services performed.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to provide and maintain high quality medical care.
- Coordinates services provided to practice/facility and participates in the evaluation and implementation of new services lines and/or providers at the assigned site.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may including but are not limited to: Maintaining a current knowledge base of use standards of care in professional practice, pursuing self-directed learning and continuing education opportunities, and participating on committees, task forces, and work groups as determined by management.