Job Title: Distribution Crew Leader - 3rd Shift
Department / Division: Midwest Service Center / Logistics
Location: Ada, MI
What do we need:
We are looking for a Distribution Crew Leader to join our team in our Midwest Regional Service Center.
What’s special about this job:
The Logistics Division is responsible for supporting our customers, manufacturing plants, and global affiliates through their warehousing and Service Centers across the United States and Canada. They support all aspects of our business throughout the supply chain, including the final orders to our customers. Their motto is “Perfect Orders Every Time,” and they strive to exceed their customers’ expectations through a flexible and agile workforce. The Midwest Regional Service Center (MWRSC) is our largest facility, is based in Ada, Michigan, and provides pick, pack, and ship services to local Amway Business Owners, as well as domestic and international warehousing. As a Distribution Crew Leader on the team, you act as a frontline leader playing a key part in Quality Assurance Capabilities (QAC), leading teams to ensure continuous improvements, and oversee the team for shipping and receiving as well as the warehouse areas. Working hours for this role will the 3rd Shift A schedule (Sunday 9:00pm to Thursday 7:00am).
How you would contribute to the role:
If you enjoy an opportunity to lead people, take initiative, influence change, and lead projects, the Distribution Crew Leader position may be for you! In this role, you will work with the leadership team to support departmental Quality Assurance Capabilities by ensuring action items are completed on-time with a proficient team. You will have the opportunity to coordinate work activities including communication of daily customer order requirements. Your ability to lead employees will be valued as you influence established workflow processes and procedures. Your direction in monitoring production requirements and maintain steady workflow within the work center will be appreciated. This position will give you the opportunity to lead, influence, and coach employees to grow and develop, while providing a safe, friendly, and team-oriented environment. This position will require availability Monday through Friday, with the department determining which days will comprise the work week based upon scheduling demands.
- High school diploma
- Must be capable of lifting 0 – 50 lbs.
- 1 – 3 years demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to lead and direct the work of others, organize work groups, and plan and prioritize the work of self and others to drive result
- Hilo driving experience
Skills to be successful in the role:
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to train, direct, and ensure accuracy and efficiency of team’s work
- Ability to logically think through and understand process and production requirements with good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to lead and proactively communicate with individuals throughout the company in a cooperative, constructive, and positive manner
- Ability to interface with customers and provide excellent customer service
- Experience and adept with the following applications: Microsoft Excel/Word/Access. Experience with Red Prairie and JDE is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to problem solve, ability to take initiative, and desire to develop and lead people is preferred.
This role is “Not” eligible for sponsorship.