How would you like to work for a fast-growing company, in a position that leaves room for continuous and exponential growth? Are you looking for a Career? Then you’re the perfect fit for our company as we continuously grow and promote from with-in. the opportunity for advancement is only limited to your desire!
In addition to the opportunity for advancement, we offer a very generous benefit package that includes, but is not limited to:
- Health, Dental, and Vision after 60 days of employment
- Paid Time off after 90 days of employment
- 401 (k) with employer match after one year of employment
As the Human Resources Administrator, you would be responsible for administering employee health, welfare and federally mandated leave programs corporate-wide as well as ensure plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed. This position is responsible for human resources information including record keeping, reporting, and information systems. This position provides project management support to the Human Resources Director. Performs other HR generalist duties as assigned.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all Food Safety and GMP Policies.
- Manages FMLA & non FMLA leaves of absence programs for the organization; responsible leave tracking and employee notification.
- Administers health and welfare plans including enrollments and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate
record keeping and proper deductions.
- o Serves as the Cobra Administrator for organization.
- o Administers ACA compliance on behalf of the organization
- o Creates and conducts benefit trainings to better educate employees on company offered benefits
- o Serves as point of contact for employees for all benefit related questions and concerns. Assists with any benefit issues.
- Ensure the relevant HR database is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation
- Responsible for the hourly recruitment process. May delegate administrative recruiting responsibilities to HR Assistant as needed.
- o Administers Applicant Tracking Portal
- o Create and post position ads internally and externally
- o Attend job fairs as directed
- o Perform phone screenings as needed
- o Make recommendations to improve recruiting process
- o Set up interviews for hiring managers
- o Process background screenings and ensure pre-hire testing is performed as applicable
- Create and issue relevant correspondence.
- Coordinates New Employee Orientation process for the organization.
- Assists in annual Open Enrollment process.
- Provides back up support for payroll and HRIS administration.
- Ensure each location has the correct and current State and Federal Labor Law Posters.
- Responsible for responding to all governmental agencies as required (i.e. DHHS, FOC, unemployment claims, etc..)
- o Maintain unemployment records
- o Respond to Unemployment Agency requests for information and correspondence in a timely manner
- o Assist with Unemployment hearings as needed
- Prepare and maintain related benefits records and reports.
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper Human Resources related files for the organization.
- Maintain administrative forms and manuals.
- This position does not directly supervise but may provide work direction to other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Above average attendance and administration skills
- Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft Office
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-service skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to learn
- Possesses tact and diplomacy
- Possesses the ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures; GMP’s
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is in consistent with Company standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
Education and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent experience: high school diploma
- Years of experience: 2 – 4 years
- Specialized training in: FMLA, specific company health and welfare benefits
Physical Demands of the Position:
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee must sit for long periods of time; ability to handle varying levels of stress.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed general office conditions except when working in the actual production facility– where there is exposure to moving parts and vehicles; variable temperatures of both heat and cold; wet environment; loud environment.