CT Technologist - Cat Scan * Shift varies - Resource
Under the direction of the Radiology Operations Manager, the Computed Tomography (CT) Technologist utilizes CT scanners to create cross-section images for medical analysis. The CT Technologist interprets physicians scanning instructions, administer contrast materials, positions patients, and prepares and operates the CT scan equipment to capture the required diagnostic images. The CT Technologist ensures all procedures are performed in accordance with current standards of care, internal policies / procedures and applicable laws and regulations, and participates in quality improvement initiatives.
- Satisfactory completion of formal radiographic technology program in an AMA-approved school required.
- Board registry by ARRT in Radiography required.
- Board registry by ARRT in Computed Tomography required.
- Maintain ARRT certification.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) required.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to work varying hours and shifts including weekends and 3rd shifts, holidays and cover on call shifts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides safe and effective patient care while performing duties of Computed Tomography Technologist.
- Effectively utilize sterile techniques while assisting in the setup of CT guided procedures.
- Administer ionizing radiation in the production of radiographs wile applying the principle of As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) to minimize radiation dose.
- Effectively utilize all Radiology equipment and software in the performance of daily responsibilities.
- Applies critical thinking in the analysis of identifying essential blood vessels for performing imaging studies on Trauma or Stroke patients.
- Assist in the appropriate transfer and positioning of critically ill patients to the CT Scanner.
- Maintain certifications, registrations, and education requirements of the hospital and accrediting body.
- Demonstrate the appropriate knowledge of all protocols and procedures.
- Display consistent proficiency in using AIDET when communicating with patients, visitors, physicians, peers, managers, volunteers, internal and external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may include but are not limited to: Maintaining a current knowledge base of department processes, protocols and procedures, pursuing self-directed learning and continuing education opportunities, and participating on committees, task forces, and work groups as determined by management.
Requisition #: req2731FTE status: 0