Join a wonderful household where you will provide household support and administrative duties as directed by the Heads of Household, and in doing so will collaborate closely with other household staff. This position is responsible for coordinating household inventories, organization, cleanliness, and laundry services, and will supervise the interior household employees at a private residence in Ann Arbor, MI.
Culture of Care
As an employee of RDV Staffing, you will experience an organization that is founded on the respect and well-being of others - our employees, their families, and the families that we serve. Our goal is to simplify the life of the family we serve and facilitate each household working effectively together to make a positive impact in all of their communities, near and far. We are a team of highly competent professionals who are gracious, trustworthy, and the best at what we do.
Duties and Responsibilities
Housekeeping & Laundry Operations
- Has direct oversight of all household housekeeping and laundry operations ensuring that laundry is done in a timely manner and meets expectations.
- Ensures orderliness of drawers, cabinets, closets, and storage places.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing dry-cleaning; deliver articles to proper locations.
- Delivers laundry to the proper location on a daily basis.
- Assists with “fine-tuning” cleaning projects as needed including spring cleaning, closet clean-out, storage room organization, etc.
- Serves as a back-up Housekeeper/Laundress as needed.
- Observes household maintenance needs. Communicates maintenance needs to the Property Manager.
- Schedules and coordinates interior plant care.
- Schedules and coordinates carpet/upholstery cleaning.
- Meets service personnel for interior household service calls when necessary.
- Coordinates floral arrangements and other decorations as needed.
- Maintains inventory of all cleaning supplies, toiletry products and other household products.
- Stocks office supplies for staff.
- Maintains purchasing lists and purchases items or places orders as necessary.
- Exercises good judgment in directing all laundry, housekeeping, and residence needs without daily supervision from Heads of Household. Implements processes and procedures, and delegates work effectively.
- Plans proactively throughout the year for meetings, events, and other interior household needs.
- Greets guests upon arrival and directs them to the proper location.
- Accepts and documents gifts upon arrival.
- Places on-line orders as directed.
- Opens all incoming packages and puts the items in their proper places.
- Prepares and coordinates returns.
- Completes daily errand running as instructed by Heads of Household.
- Provides supervision and direction, sets expectations, monitors performance, and communicates clearly to part-time Housekeepers and Chef.
- Collaborates closely and effectively with Property Manager, Administrative Assistant, and other household staff to provide updates on the interior household operations, ensuring they are aware of important issues that impact the efficient operations of the household staff.
- Ensures daily, weekly and monthly housekeeping tasks are completed.
- Ensures household cleaning standards are being met.
- Works closely with and communicates regularly with all staff regarding household schedule, Heads of Household needs, and various projects.
- Exercises open communication with all household staff.
Elements of Success
- Ability to initiate, prioritize, and follow through on projects with little supervision.
- Ability to see the big picture, anticipate needs and initiate projects accordingly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Responsibilities are conducted in the family home. The right candidate must genuinely be committed to be part of a team whose shared goal is to provide exemplary service and to positively contribute to a healthy, active, and loving home environment.
- The family’s privacy is of critical importance; therefore, the highest level of confidentiality in the family’s business and personal matters must be exercised at all times.
- Five years of relevant work experience. Some college preferred.
- Previous management/supervisory experience preferred.
Essential Physical Demands
- Ability to lift thirty (30) pounds to a maximum height of six (6) feet.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, kneel, and remain standing on feet for lengthy periods of time.