Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.Currently, Meijer is seeking a Technical Product Owner/Application Engineer for the Digital Services development team. This Technical Product Owner/Application Engineer position is responsible for implementation and enhancement of vendor software and/or hardware package applications specifically Hybris and AEM. Responsible to provide overall business function and direction to projects and support, incorporating scaled agile framework. This position collaborates with vendors, company customers, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders to understand customer requirements and system interfaces, assess available technologies/vendor packages, and present solutions.
What You'll be Doing:
- Leader and decision maker for assigned agile team(s) within the SAFe framework.
- Develops interfaces to vendor software applications and assists in deployment of solutions.
- Optimizes packages to meet SLA/functional requirements.
- Provides high-level technical consulting support on vendor applications and interfaces.
- Coordinates with ITS Security and Infrastructure teams to ensure secure deployment of vendor applications.
- Sees projects from start to finish, including detailed breakdown of features.
- Maintains and prioritizes their team’s backlog.
- Interfaces with business and IT partners to develop acceptance criteria for projects features and user stories and ensures acceptance criteria are met.
- Works within the SAFe Agile framework and utilizes ITIL best practices.
- Performs feasibility studies/proofs of concept, to evaluate solutions.
- Actively participates in all team Agile ceremonies. This job role may also provide facilitation of activities for Agile teams within Meijer ITS.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s or equivalent.
- Any SAFe certification or training is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Prefer experience in business application design, product owner role, development, and modification.
- Knowledge of project management techniques is required (cross-functional experience is highly desirable).
- Experience as a team member on project teams in a cross-functional environment. Experience on Agile teams is preferred.
- Strong business knowledge, with hands-on experience managing vendor packages for the business.
- Analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Working knowledge of SAFe agile framework preferred.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills. Ability to work well on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks.
- Knowledge of agile practices in a cross-functional environment preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Ability to provide high level of quality and productivity.