Patient Access Ambulatory Specialist - Pre-Arrival Service * Days - 40hrs/wk.
Requisition #: req1177
FTE status: 1
Under the direct supervision of the Patient Access Manager, the Patient Access Ambulatory Specialist is responsible for the verification of benefits, insurance eligibility and pre-certification/authorization requirements for all outpatient surgeries and admissions.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- College Education: 1-2 years preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Associate Certification (CHAA) preferred.
- 2-3 years prior experience in Hospital, Medical Registration/Billing experience required or equivalent medical schooling.
- Medical Terminology preferred.
- Knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD-9/10 recommended.
- Coding certification preferred.
- Epic certification preferred.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to obtain the verification of benefits, insurance eligibility and pre-certification/authorization requirements for all outpatient surgeries and admissions.
- Responsible to obtain demographic, financial, and insurance information from patients and/or their representatives to ensure prompt insurance reimbursement.
- Perform scheduling functions in Epic.
- Collect patient co-pays, deductibles, and any outstanding balance accounts while responsible for daily cash reconciliation at the end of shift.
- Completes Epic work queues daily.
- Completes accounts in AHIQA daily.
- Obtains necessary consent signatures for authorization of treatment.
- Assists in other clerical areas of the Surgical and Endoscopy Department when appropriate.
- Maintain good judgment in all situations.
- Other duties as assigned.