About this Opportunity
Responsible for designing, creating, deploying, and managing the enterprise data warehouse architecture. Assures that architecture supports reporting, analytics, and governance goals of the entire enterprise.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It’s the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as someone who . . .
- Assists in the development and maintenance of scalable data pipelines
- Collaborates with analytics and business teams to design data marts for further analysis
- Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility, and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization
- Creates database objects and assists in administration of databases
- Defines and maintains company data assets (data models/ER diagrams)
- Design data integrations and data quality framework
- Manages data cataloging tool(s) and data governance program
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues
- Provides general programming as needed.
- Works closely with a team of data engineers, dashboard developers, and analysts
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have . . .
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 8 years of IT or IS experience.
- 4 years of experience developing data models and overall data architeture.
- 2 years of experience working with cloud services.
- Google Big Query experience desired.
- Experience designing in columnar database environment, Snowflake preferred.
- Experience using modern reporting and visualization tools, Tableau preferred.
- Experienced programming in Python or Java using ETL/ELT tools, Matillion preferred.
- Advanced in SQL. Expert in data modeling and ER diagraming
- Deep understanding of relational database technology
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process oriented with good documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Ability to lead an IT project team.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone who wants to do great work and be part of a winning team. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We’re committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.