Order pulling, packaging, assembly, and loading of accurately picked orders for delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of our customers by providing a positive customer experience.
- Understand the layout of the warehouse/yard and bin location system, as well as the different types of product Etna stocks.
- Use care in the handling of all materials and/or products.
- Gather materials/products in the warehouse and/or yard to package/assemble for shipment.
- Prevent shipping errors and inventory errors through verifying of one’s own work.
- Mark all products for delivery with customer’s name and carton count.
- Sign, date, and completely fill out all shipping documents/freight bills.
- Assist in the upkeep and general housekeeping of the warehouse/yard.
- Assist receiving department as needed.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Follow all safety policies, procedures, and rules.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Basic adding, subtracting, multiplication, and division skills with or without using a calculator.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Computer skills and or computer literate.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to maintain accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Background in Plumbing/Waterworks industry is desirable; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Ability to pass operator exam and drive powered industrial equipment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to talk and hear; walk and stand; push, pull, carry, grasp, and handle, bend and stoop; and use fingers.
- Regularly required to climb, kneel, and reach; and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally required to sit; and lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, depth perception, and color vision.
- Work performed primarily inside but must go outside occasionally with possible exposure to extreme weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pass substance abuse screening.