Exciting seasonal opportunity that will assist with preventative care, daily grounds, and household maintenance of private residences in Harbor Springs, MI. Approximate schedule is up to 40 hours/week (May - September) with some holiday and weekend shifts.
Culture of Care
RDV Staffing provides full-time, part-time and seasonal domestic, household and property related positions predominately in West Michigan. We recruit only the most skilled and dedicated people who are service-oriented, collaborative, adaptable, and who possess the highest level of integrity. Our employees experience a meaningful workplace where they can make a valuable and appreciated impact in the household(s) that they serve. Full-time employees of RDV Staffing are eligible for a robust healthcare program, 401(k) plan with a generous 7.5% match, time off, and other meaningful benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with general yard work: mowing, trimming, edging, pruning, clean-up, etc.
- Perform weed control and deadheading in flower beds and lawns as needed. Plant and tend to flower beds and other vegetation. May assist with watering flower beds and potted plants. May assist with pest control.
- Ensure all driveways, gates, walkways, parking areas, and handrails are clean and free of debris on a daily basis, including grass clippings and leaves. Ensure safe conditions at all times.
- Assist with grounds preparation and support of special events that take place at the residences.
- Perform a variety of exterior maintenance duties, such as window washing, cleaning eaves troughs, touch up painting, and pressure washing.
- Clean all patios, patio/door screens, patio furniture, seawall, balconies, etc. on a daily basis.
- Maintain cleanliness of beaches and access steps.
- Assist with household maintenance tasks for holidays and special events.
- Exercise good judgment when maintenance problems occur. Report all maintenance/repair problems to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Assist other household staff as needed on a priority basis, i.e., moving furniture, lifting heavy objects, cleaning, etc.
- Run various errands and transport items as needed.
- Exercise open communication with other household staff.
- Perform special projects at request of Senior Property Manager.
Elements of Success
- Grounds/grounds keeping experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Responsibilities are conducted in and around the home(s) of the client of RDV Staffing. While an employer/employee relationship exists, it is important that employee is genuinely committed to being part of the household staff team whose goal is to positively contribute to a happy home environment.
- Preservation of a quiet and peaceful household atmosphere is essential. Maintenance of grounds must be conducted around family’s activities, with sensitivity to privacy of family members at all times. This requires flexibility to determine times which would be least intrusive to presence of family.
- Equipment will be provided by employer; methods of operation will be overseen by the supervisor. If a question arises as to how or when an item should be utilized, the supervisor will provide guidance.
- Must be a responsible, flexible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance; willing to dress in required uniform; organized and reliable; positive in attitude; and one who demonstrates pride in service which he/she provides.
- Flexibility in scheduling is essential to meet seasonal and staffing requirements. This position may include weekend and holiday shifts in addition to regular shifts.
- Must be attentive to details to assure the private residences are presented to “Five Star” quality standards.
- The family’s privacy is of critical importance; the highest level of confidentiality in the business and personal matters of the family must be exercised at all times.
Essential Physical Demands
- Required to wear appropriate employer-provided safety equipment in performance of job.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds to a maximum height of six (6) feet; occasional lifting to eighty (80) pounds.
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and remain standing on feet for lengthy periods of time.
- Ability to safely operate small landscape maintenance machinery, e.g. backpack blower, hedge clippers, etc.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.