Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the international leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to be more successful at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
The Architectural Solutions Group is the fastest growing product category within Steelcase, offering an exciting and dynamic work environment.
What you will be doing:
As the Team Leader, you provide strategic direction and people leadership to our Architectural Specification Team. You ensure that your team is providing a desirable design experience, and you offer expertise to consistently improve quality and effectiveness of deliverables.
Who you are:
You have a customer service mindset, and you have the organization and communication skills necessary to exceed customer expectations and effectively balance a team’s workload. You identify and implement opportunities for improvement. You initiate and build good relationships with others.
Your Future Team:
You lead a team that provides for-fee design services to our network of dealers and direct accounts. The portfolio of products your team specifies includes demountable walls, sound masking, raised flooring, and modular power.
· Leads, develops, and coaches a distributed team
· Defines customers’ expectations and ensures team members understand the scope of services being requested
· Clarifies roles and responsibilities and manages workload of the team
· Responsible for accuracy and presentation of team deliverables
· Resolves conflicts and helps team with issue resolution
· Tracks utilization of team members and invoices customers for project work
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills needed to interact with various internal and external stakeholders
· Strong presentation skills in customer-facing situations, including ability to have consultative conversations
· In-depth understanding of the contract furniture, architecture and construction industry
· Strategic planning and problem-solving skills
· Outstanding organizational and time management skills
· Successful track record of developing strong business results and relationships with key audiences
· Ability to maintain key business relationships with principals of dealerships, global service center leadership, and sales
· Strong working knowledge of CET and AutoCAD, or similar drawing software
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited oversight
· Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or other related degree
· At least five years of applicable work experience
· Managerial experience preferred
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.