Job title: Associate Operations Engineer II
Department/Division: Project Engineering – Engineering & Maintenance
Salary Grade: EXB 14
Salary Range: $71,540 - $92,581
Location: Ada, MI
*Note: This position is a hybrid remote/office role, and you must be able to report in-person to Ada on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as part of our collaboration days*
What do we need:
A mechanical and automation inclined engineer who can support our nutritional manufacturing plants in the United States. You will primarily support our manufacturing plant in Ada, MI, with potential to travel and support other plants.
What’s special about this team:
The Project Engineering team in Ada, MI is a hardworking, hands-on, driven team that is focused on providing engineering support and executing engineering projects. This team works heavily with cross functional partners such as manufacturing, maintenance, planning, innovation and science, marketing, quality, and finance. The Project Engineering team is supplemented by a Plant Engineering team that supports continuous improvement and process improvement projects.
What’s special about this role:
In this role, you will be involved in executing capital projects where you will manage design, scope, budget, schedule, and safety. You will also be heavily involved with equipment installations, and start-up. Your creative knowledge will be used to experiment with automation projects to improve throughput, efficiency, quality and operational safety.
Your ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment will be valued as you work and interact with many internal partners. We are looking for a knowledgeable and skilled problem-solver that is driven to identify root causes and execute solutions. You will help troubleshoot any issues that arise, minimize plant down-time, and help ensure our equipment in our manufacturing plants are running properly and efficiently.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a related role
Skills to be successful in the role:
- Experience in manufacturing, preferably in food & beverage / cGMP industries
- Experience with developing & executing projects; managing budgets, creating and managing timelines, and providing cost estimates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of an organization; works well in team environments
- Experience troubleshooting lines both mechanically, electrically with hand-on abilities
- Experience with collaborative and industrial robots
- Experience in nutritional and powder production facilities, especially a good understanding of powder flow dynamics, blending, process equipment design, health and safety and quality attributes
This role is NOT eligible for sponsorship.