JOB STATUS: Part Time 64 hours per pay period
General Definition and Scope of Job
A certified home Health Care Aide provides personal care and related homemaking services in the home for the homebound, ill and disabled patients; as assigned, planned and supervised by a Registered Nurse according to a care plan. Positive attitude and team work are essential.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide care for patients in the community providing personal and comfort care for patients at the end-of-life.
- Serve a smaller, intimate patient base
- Operate within a radius of services within 30 miles of Grand Haven
What are the Minimum Role Requirements?
- Current MI CENA certification
- Current BLS Certification
- Valid Michigan driver's license and auto insurance
- Hospice/Home Health Care experience preferred, long term care experience helpful.
- High school diploma or equivalent
What Perks or Benefits Can You Look Forward to?
- Benefits including medical, dental, and vision available to you and your dependents
- 403b retirement with Edward Jones
- Education reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) based on status hours
- Employee discount in the café, gift shop and pharmacy
What are the Critical Demands of the Job?
- Ability to withstand a variety of home environment temperatures including overly hot ranges in steamy bathroom settings.
- Ability to climb stairs in and out of second story patient homes.
- Ability to drive 45 minutes at one setting.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with use of adaptive equipment assists.
What are the Working Conditions?
- Required to drive in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be comfortable in patient homes, with many diverse social, cultural and economic ranges.
- Non-traditional work hours, on call, weekends and holidays.
Hospice of North Ottawa is located in Grand Haven, Michigan on the shores of Lake Michigan. Our highly-regarded Hospice team cares for patients in their own homes, in local nursing homes, the hospital, and our Hospice Residence at Heartwood Lodge, helping ease their pain so they can embrace life and live every day to its fullest.
Licenses & Certifications Required
- Drivers License
- Auto Insurance
- Basic Life Support (CPR)
- Nurse Aide Registry