This position is responsible for executing maintenance and repairs of all facilities and equipment, remodeling and construction projects, and maintaining grounds, under the direction of the Property and Facilities Director.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· Execute projects, meeting completion timelines and specifications, to high level of expertise and quality, while adhering to established budget
· Assist with determining specification requirements for equipment
· Assist with maintenance of all buildings and equipment including HVAC systems, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, kitchen equipment, security systems
· Execute and maintain a preventative maintenance schedule
· Ensure cleanliness and safety of all facilities and grounds
· Utilize computer software systems to receive and share information
· Communicate professionally with staff, guests, management, offering assistance where possible and where needed
· Help with additional responsibilities such as pick-up and delivery of items and assisting with the auto donation program
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in maintenance
· Basic to moderate knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry and HVAC systems
· Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
· Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
· Ability to communicate verbally and to accurately hear, with hearing correction
· Ability to see 20/20, with vision correction
· Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, and up to 35 pounds regularly
· Able to use fine motor hand functions
· Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
Mel Trotter Ministries Staff Attributes
We expect all staff to project and exemplify passion to a faith-based approach to advocacy for the guests, to be humble, supportive team players, who acknowledge their own gifts and those of others, are truthfully transparent, seek input from others, admit and learn from mistakes, are highly coachable and approachable. We expect a hungry, innovative, goal-oriented, eager contributor, who shows a dedicated work ethic. We expect our staff to exhibit empathy, compassion, active listening, to be self- aware, sensitive across racial, class and cultural lines, ethical, and approachable. We look for work habits of punctuality, dependability, accountability, responsibility, cooperation, team participation, integrity, problem solving, and overall positivity. These attributes, combined with the performance of one’s duties and achievement of goals will be equated with the quality of one’s overall job performance. Please refer to them often and feel free to ask for feedback on these areas regularly.