Custom Profile, an Employee Owned Company is coming to Camden, South Carolina! We are looking for an Engineering Tech skilled in extrusion.
Our Engineering Tech would be responsible for developing extrusion tooling and standard work for newly released jobs/prototypes.
Our Engineering Tech would all provide support to production on new and existing processes to support our company goal of zero defects and 100% on-time delivery.
Custom Profile, named Best Places to Work, is an Employee Owned manufacturer of plastic extruded products with over $50 million in annual sales and 400 employees at its locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Juarez, Mexico and Camden, South Carolina. The company is an industry leader in the profile extrusion industry, currently ranked 65th on the list of largest plastic extruders across all market segments for 2018, up 4 spots from 2017. Founded in 1992, Custom Profile has enjoyed consistent annual growth in its revenues and earnings in 25 of its 27 years in operation. Custom Profile boasts a blue chip customer base, including Herman Miller, Haworth, Hon/Allsteel, Steelcase, Whirlpool, Electrolux, GE Appliance, 3M and others.
- Competitive Salary, paid weekly
- Performance based bonuses
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with company match
- Gym Reimbursements
- Monthly wellness events with the opportunity to earn wellness points toward wellness items
- Monthly community service events
- Attendance Bonus of up to 4 paid days per year
- Apprenticeship Program
- Paid Time Off
- On-Site Flu Shots
- On-Site Biometric Screening
- Family Summer Outing
- Annual Company Meeting
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Training and Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Holidays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Locate and assemble all necessary items needed to successfully run an extrusion line, this may include: black book, tooling, equipment, materials, packaging, etc.
• Test new tooling, material, and packaging requirements as necessary.
• Assist Tooling Development Manager in documenting process parameters and standard work.
• Troubleshooting existing tooling and processes as needed with manufacturing.
• Run prototypes samples or short production runs as needed.
• Assist as needed on tooling redesign, die work, shape block modifications, material trials, color trials, etc.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area; follow daily housekeeping and 5S standards.
• Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working within the company team to make it more efficient, safety and an enjoyable place to work.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Minimum of 3 years of plastic extrusion set-up experience preferred; a suitable combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- High School diploma or GED.
Strength in the following areas required:
- Intermediate math skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Quality Tools (calculator, measuring cup, weight scale, steel rule, tape measure, pro-scale, calipers, comparator, protractor, laser gauge, warp gauge)
Experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Previous tooling development experience
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- The noise level in our work environment is moderate.
- Safety glasses, hearing protection and closed-toe shoes must be worn on the production floor.