Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.Meijer is investing in digital technologies, with a large amount of growth planned for talent. We’re hiring in several key areas – Digital, eCommerce, mobile (Native iOS and Android), Cloud technology, Full stack development, User Experience design, and Leadership. This is an opportunity to work on the mobile apps that you’ll be using for your own digital customer experiences.
Meijer is currently seeking Mobile Software Engineers with Native Android and or Native iOS development experience. The Mobile Software Engineer will develop, test, maintain, and enhance mobile applications. The focus of this digital development team is to advance our digital shopping and loyalty program capabilities within the Meijer mobile app.
**These positions are NOT sponsorship eligible.**
What You'll be Doing:
- Code, test, and implement programs; develop system documentation according to SAFe Agile principles and industry standards. (Minimum of 3 years of mobile development experience and 1 or more years of development experience specifically with native iOS or native Android)
- Performs unit tests, monitors results, and takes required corrective actions as needed.
- Assists in the deployment of applications.
- Optimizes and enhances applications and interfaces to meet SLA/functional requirements. (Strong knowledge of native iOS development using Swift, development tools, coding and scripting languages, and testing. Or… Strong knowledge of native Android development using Kotlin and Java, Android Studio development tool, coding and scripting languages, and testing.)
- Provides technical consultation in new systems development, new package system evaluations, and enhancement of existing systems.
- Assists product owners in systems analysis and creation of documentation for all business processes.
- Interfaces with the Product Owner and IT partners to develop acceptance criteria for features and user stories and ensures acceptance criteria are met.
- Works within the SAFe Agile framework.
- Performs feasibility studies/proofs of concept to evaluate solutions.
- Participates in structured walkthroughs, secure coding, and technical reviews ensuring application coding and design follows secure coding and design principles.
- Assists in the production support and maintenance of applications as needed.
- Actively participates in all team Agile ceremonies.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Any SAFe certifications or training is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in systems development and programming.
- Minimum of 1 Year of Native Android and or Native iOS Development
- Strong knowledge of native Android development using Kotlin and Java, Android Studio development tool, coding and scripting languages, and testing.
- Strong knowledge of native iOS development using Swift and Objective C, XCode development tool, coding and scripting languages, and testing.
- Any SAFe experience or certification is preferred.
- Proficient in source code management such as Git – Github profile preferred.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of agile practices in a cross-functional environment required.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to provide high level of quality and productivity.