Cat Scan (CT) Technologist I - Radiology * Shift varies - Resource
Requisition #: req173
FTE status: 0
Under the direct supervision of the Radiology Operations Manager the CT Technologist will perform CT procedures. The responsibilities include various imaging tasks and patient care activities. Must have excellent customer service skills and participate in quality improvement activities.
- Satisfactory completion of formal radiographic technology program in an AMA-approved school and/or successful completion of board registry by ARRT in Radiography and C.T.
- Current BLS certification - Basic life support.
- Maintain ARRT certification.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Administer ionizing radiation in the production of radiographs
- Provides safe and effective patient care while performing duties of Computed Tomography Technologist.
- Utilize and effectively use all Radiology equipment and software in the performance of daily responsibilities.
- Maintain certifications, registrations, and education requirements of the hospital and accrediting body.
- Will use the principle of As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) to minimize radiation dose.
- Demonstrate the appropriate knowledge of all protocols and procedures.
- Display consistent proficiency in using AIDET when communicating with patients, visitors, physicians, peers, managers, volunteers, internal and external customers.
- All other duties as assigned.