Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Job Description Summary / Objective
The Skill Building Supervisor is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, evaluation, and reporting for the Skill Building Program.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hire, schedule, supervise, mentor and evaluate employees who work in the Plus Program.
- Make sure all personnel have appropriate credentials and training.
- Develop opportunities for in-service training and skill enhancement.
- Assure that employees follow safety practices and agency policies and procedures.
- Conduct staff meetings as needed and lead a team effort to assure safety and quality
- Monitor the deadlines of all contract authorizations to ensure services provided by the programs are eligible for reimbursement.
- Assure building is maintained with a high level of cleanliness and safety.
- This position may be â€œhands onâ€ and the supervisor may need to cover a number of hours per week working directly with consumers if necessary to meet scheduling demands or budgetary goals
Planning and Program Development
- Attend person centered planning meetings and interviewing potential consumers.
- Work cooperatively with case managers and clinical personnel to assure participants are treated with dignity and that the plans of service reflect individual preferences and sound judgment.
- Work closely with other community agencies to provide services that meet the needs of people with disabilities in the community.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Associates' degree with a major in social work, public administration, or a discipline related to human services, and at least two years of experience in skill building preferably in a supervisory capacity OR Three (3) years' experience in the mental health field, and three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work respectfully and courteously with a wide variety of individuals, including individuals with disabilities.
- A valid Michigan Driverâ€™s License with less than six points.
This employee will be required to complete training required to be compliant with Medicaid guidelines and mental health contracts.
This position manages the support staff employees in the Skill Building Plus program and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment and in a care giver setting. Travel to program sites and community locations is required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Physical Demands of the Job
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate effectively. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Manual dexterity is required for recording information in writing or through use of a keyboard or similar device.
- This person may be asked to exert considerable force occasionally as required to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects including the human body.
- This person may be called upon to assist in the transfer of individuals in and out of wheelchairs.
- This person may be required frequently to use the fine and gross motor skills generally associated with housekeeping, cleaning, and grooming and hygiene.
How to Apply
PLEASE NO CALLS, EMAILS OR RESUMES.
Pioneer Resources must have a completed application to consider you for employment. Click on the Pioneerre Rources link below and fill out an application online or go to 601 Terrace St. Muskegon, MI 49440 and fill out an application online at the employee kiosk/computer.
You may attach your resume to the application online.
Directions: Off of Shoreline Dr. on Lake Muskegon, North of Hot Rod Harley downtown Muskegon, in the Parmenter O'Toole Building.
Benefits available at 90 day. Voluntary benefits immediately.