Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.Currently, Meijer is looking for a Software Systems Engineer – Merchandising Release trains. The Systems Engineer works as an integral part of multiple Agile teams to investigate technologies beyond current usage, advocate best practices in design standards and ensure sound architecture. The candidate selected for this role should be well-versed in all the latest Microsoft technologies including Azure and DevOps and be able to mentor development teams in these technologies.
The Software Systems Engineer will require good communication skills to collaborate with business customers, IT leadership, developers, and other stakeholders. This person will proactively assess current and potential technologies, advocate solutions and develop an architectural runway and will participate in all phases of Agile software development.
- Collaborates with Architects, other Systems Engineers, and Infrastructure to develop the Architectural Runway which is used in development of system features.
- Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the IT solution
- Exploring existing and potential technologies for possible solution alternatives for an Architectural Runway in support of new business Features and Capabilities
- Leads the planning, definition, and high-level design of release management processes and activities for the DevOps Team.
- Actively participate in the Continuous Exploration process as part of the Continuous Delivery Pipeline, especially with enabler features.
- Provide oversight of development efforts and foster Built-In Design Quality
- Operate within the Economic Framework to validate the economic impact of design decisions.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training is required
- 6+ years of experience in software or application engineering and IT support required.
- Strong knowledge of development tools, coding languages and SQL.
- Experience in design, planning, and management of Azure cloud.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Knowledge and execution of various Agile approaches, such as test-driven development, Dev Ops, emergent design, continuous integration and release management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of agile practices in a cross-functional environment preferred.
- Working experience on Mobile Architectures preferred.