Patient Registration Representative 40hrs/wk
Under the direction of the Manager – Patient Access, the Patient Registration Representative is responsible for obtaining demographic and insurance information from patients and/or their representatives to ensure prompt financial reimbursement.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- College education of 1-2 years, preferred.
- Previous experience in registration, billing, and/or administrative role in a hospital or medical office preferred.
- Previous experience utilizing medical terminology preferred.
- ICD-10 and/or CPT-4 coding, preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Associate Certification (CHAA), preferred.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and greet all patients and visitors utilizing AIDET, in person and/or over the phone.
- Ensure accurate demographic and insurance information is obtained from the patient and/or their representative.
- Verify patient insurance is active through Real Time Eligibility (if RTE is down must utilize insurance websites).
- Complete Epic WQs daily.
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure applicable protocols and processes are followed.
- Schedule walk-in testing for patients, when applicable.
- Collect patient co-pays, deductibles and any outstanding balances.
- Responsible for daily cash reconciliation and balancing of cash drawer.
- Required to work on-call and holiday schedules.
- Utilize a workstation on wheels (WOW) at the bedside to perform registration, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may include but are not limited to: Maintaining a current knowledge base of department processes, protocols and procedures, pursuing self-directed learning and continuing education opportunities, and participating on committees, task forces, and work groups as determined by management.
Requisition #: req7062FTE status: 1