Practice Supervisor Office Team - Neurosciences * Days - 40hrs/wk
Under the direction of the Office Manager, the Practice Supervisor - Administrative coordinates, and supervises administrative, billing and business functions of the assigned practice site. The Practice Supervisor - Administrative ensures that services provided contribute to the practice efficiency and success within defined parameters. The Practice Supervisor - Administrative may be required to perform support level administrative duties based on the operational needs of the practice site.
- Associates degree and/or 3 – 5 years of medical office experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Flexibility to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to efficiently manage day-to-day operations, establish and maintain policies and procedures, and manage patient flow operations
- Ability to provide support, direction and development of staff
- Ability to skillfully handle issues of a sensitive nature with respect to confidentiality and organizational guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills such as word processing, electronic mail and electronic medical record (EMR)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Works in conjunction with the Office Manager to coordinate the efficient daily operations, of the practice and supervises administrative staff.
- Assigns and prioritizes workloads; evaluates and standardizes office procedures and effectively troubleshoots and resolves issues as they arise.
- Evaluates performance within delegated areas and works with staff to develop, implement and achieve performance goals.
- Coordinates the dissemination of information with staff, physicians and management to ensure personnel are apprised of operational issues.
- Educates staff on organizational policies and regulatory compliance ensuring staff conduct operational activities with the highest level of integrity.
- Conducts staff meetings to disseminate information and solicits input from personnel related to practice operations.
- Oversees the orientation of new staff assuring competency is achieved.
- Provides input to Office Manager on performance of administrative team members after 30 days, 90 days and annually as needed.
- Participates on committees, tasks forces, and workgroups charged with improving operations and patient care.
- Functions as primary liaison between patients, staff and physicians concerning administrative issues.
- Supports and assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives to enhance regulatory compliance and patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may include but are not limited to: Maintaining a current knowledge base of department processes, protocols and procedures, pursuing self-directed learning and continuing education opportunities, and participating on committees, task forces, and work groups as determined by management.
Requisition #: req7566FTE status: 1