At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer centric company on earth. One customer experience that we’re constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver orders. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the last mile delivery space.
The Global Fleet and Products (GFP) team’s mission is to provide the vehicles and services that enable Amazon to delight customers with our last mile operations. This role on the GFP team is responsible for reducing costs for our Delivery Service Partners (DSPs) by defining our strategy for worldwide fleet services. The right candidate will possess a strong product management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects across multiple teams, and will have a well-rounded fleet background in current best practices. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. You will be able to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for building out vehicle product solutions for our electric vehiclefleet, features (technical and non-technical), and capabilities to our Delivery Service Partners. To do this, s/he must be able to manage across numerous novel business models and create certainty out of ambiguity while having a firm grasp over the operational, financial, and technical aspects of the safety program. Working with a large group of diverse stakeholders and other product managers on the team, this leader must provide vision and strategy, while simultaneously being able to dive deep into the details of each new program and project to drive results, create efficiency, and maintain cost competitiveness.
This role is inherently cross-functional—this leader will work closely with engineering, project management, design, operations, finance, legal, business development, customer service, and executive teams to bring products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our existing products and features. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. The leader will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Some of the key job functions of the Senior Product Manager are:
· Create the vision and product roadmap for fleet solutions.
· Evaluating the business opportunity and application of new and emerging technologies.
· Generating buy-in for the product vision with leadership and partner teams.
· Creating and maintaining an optimized and logically sequenced roadmap.
· Translating customer experiences into clearly defined product requirements.
· Anticipating and resolving strategic issues that impair the team’s ability to deliver.
· Create, write and review user stories and business requirements, perform supporting research and analysis, write product specifications, and drive the product development schedule from design to release.
· Work closely with operations teams to re-define business processes and deliver disruptive technology solutions.
· Retrieve and analyze data, and establish key business metrics to measure product success.
· Successful candidates will be excellent communicators, curious, highly motivated and effective within distributed teams.
· Bachelor's degree
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in product management
· Experience leading cross-functional projects with demonstrated expertise in leading without authority to achieve results
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, deadline-oriented work environment. You create order, without stifling progress and adaptation
· Experience working in the automotive engineering space
· Experience working with vehicle ergonomics and driver features
· Experience solving problems using an analytical and data-driven approach
· Strategic product acumen and proven ability to define a winning business strategy
· Analytical aptitude and data-driven problem solving abilities
· Excellent oral and written communication skills to senior executive audiences
· Experience defining products for consumers and business owners
· Strong ability to create buy-in for a bold vision
· Experience creating product specifications, performing competitive analysis, and/or market research
· Experience negotiating and contracting with 3rd party vendors
· Ability to analyze significant amounts of data from disparate sources and turn that analysis into a recommendation
· Experience leading new or start-up related projects where processes will need to be defined, implemented and iterated
· Proficiency with tools/systems to analyze data including Excel, Access, or other data management systems
· Experience with transportation and/or logistics
· MBA or Master’s Degree in a related field