Light Metals Corporation has an opening for an IT Professional to support, maintain and extension of functionality of existing Cobol-based custom manufacturing software system.
This system provides all mission critical functions including accounting, order processing, scheduling, shipping, billing, labor tracking and inventory control.
Duties also include assisting in the evaluation and selection of new hardware and software. Training will be provided.
- Highly motivated
- Self- Starter
- Attention to detail
- Results orientated
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Quick Learner
- Experience with Linux, vim and basic shell scripting
- Experience with Windows (7 and 10)
- Experience with Java
- Experience programming in a production environment.
Other desired skills include:
- Knowledge of Cobol
- Knowledge of basic accounting
- Knowledge of networking