Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.This position is responsible for the development and design of merchandise assortments including color, fabric, silhouette and pattern direction; insures product quality and integrity, and maintains consistency to target customer.
What You'll be Doing:
- Own the design and development of the Women’s Falls Creek Brand. In close partnership with merchant and sourcing counterparts, you’ll drive a cohesive brand vision ensuring that products meet assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
- With a strategic mindset and strong point of view, you’ll ensure product assortment is appropriate for the designated Meijer customer. This includes leading the aesthetic execution through trend right styling, fabrication, trims, color and print/pattern.
- Manage seasonal development calendar to meet required timelines. Coordinate and manages key in the development process to ensure design/merchandising requirements are met.
- Work with CAD designer to develop prints and pattern work for season. Review strike-offs and handlooms for layout and execution; resolve any issues and approve.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance Technicians to ensure complete Tech Design Packages are presented for sourcing. Take responsibility for completion, execution and accuracy; and communication of all Technical Sketch, Details and Bill of Materials Information. Travel overseas as part of sourcing, finalization team.
- Review counter samples with Quality Assurance Technicians for fit, execution and style approval. Communicate to agent, any styling/detail changes affecting price or Bill of Materials.
- Communicate to all appropriate stakeholders on any necessary issue resolutions or actions on pre-production.
- Develop skills/enhance productivity of Asst. Prod Dev Mgr by managing, coaching, providing feedback, instilling teamwork, conducting performance reviews, and promoting training/development.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5-7 years of management experience
- Previous design experience
- Knowledge and expertise in assortment building from initial concept to execution, while maintaining development calendar benchmarks
- Knowledge and expertise in developing product line from concept to execution, and establishing seasonal line development calendar.
- Knowledge and expertise with fabrics, trims, construction details and finishing techniques.
- Understanding of industry trends, assortment planning, key item development, color, print and pattern selection.
- Ability to adapt to existing and changing processes, brand assignments while communicating and receiving thoughts and ideas openly.
- Written and verbal communication skills are critical. Concise, clear, daily communication is required with Buyers, CAD, Color Analyst, Quality Assurance Technicians, and Agents.