Job title: Lead Sourcing Manager
Department / Company: Direct Sourcing / Amway
Location: Ada, MI
What’s special about this job:
The Direct Procurement Department is a talented, fun team who are responsible for developing sourcing strategies, negotiating, contracting and managing supplier relationships. The team supports the different categories that are produced by both internal and external manufacturing.
As a Lead Sourcing Manager on the team, you will bring Procurement acumen to the category you will be supporting and help influence strategies and drive product innovation with that business partner. This role reports to a Manager within Direct Sourcing. If you have a desire to be an integral part in the development of new products driving growth and impacting the bottom line of Amway, this could be a good fit for you.
How you would contribute to the role:
Your focus will be on creating strategies for our accelerator programs and driving actions that will optimize and evolve these products. You will support new product development, which will include developing sourcing strategies to determine which supplier solutions will meet our long-term requirements, and the selection, negotiation, and contractual agreements with those suppliers.
You will focus on cost management through value engineering, negotiation and bidding. You will own the supplier relationships, guiding the outcome of successful partnerships. You will seek solutions for challenges that arise and help influence strategies of your internal business partners. Minimal travel may be required for supplier visits. Your ability to lead and influence teams and nurture these supplier relationships for these new products will continue to grow our customer base.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or a related field. Experience with Nutritional products is a plus
- At least 6 years industry related experience, including Industry Analysis, Negotiation, Supplier Relationship Management, and Sourcing Strategies
- Prior experience bringing new products to market
- Ability to be an effective, strategic decision maker and see the bigger picture
- Strong ability to influence and work with internal and external business partners
- Ability to comprehend legal contracts and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to guide and provide informal leadership to cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
This role is “Not” eligible for sponsorship.
If you can see yourself as part of this collaborative environment, visit our web site to apply: www.amway.jobs