Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability, and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
We believe you will enjoy joining our highly creative design team focused on product development. Your colleagues work to translate insights into spatial solutions. Students will gain insights on how to translate market needs into design concepts that lead to product solutions. As a member of Applications Marketing, you will utilize your design and space planning skills and then share and communicate your work with marketing and industrial design.
We know you’ll love our state of the art environment and engaging works spaces.
What you will be doing:
We trust you’ll appreciate seeing the entire life-cycle of a design idea. In the role you will:
- Designs workplace solutions linked to research insights and emerging user behaviors - both technical and conceptual.
- Assist designers on our team to draw and test objects in product development against insights and design principles
· Assist in creation and articulation of POV when presenting feedback to others on the product development team
· Create posters/documents for leadership reviews
· Create applications for field validation
Additionally, you’ll enjoy the opportunity to regularly work and network with a wide variety of global teams.
Who you are:
· You are ambitious to learn something new and take the initiative to explore the possibilities.
· Would others describe you as passionate?
· Are you both creative and analytical?
· Are you detail-oriented?
· You love tackling various projects at once and maintaining effective communication with teammates.
· You love working at a fast pace and can execute any task that is thrown your way.
· Do you have a diverse background of experiences?
· You can communicate effectively across multiple channels.
· You love working in a group or team.
What we need from you:
· You should be proficient in SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
· Experience with CET is a bonus.
· Preferred Year: Junior (Spring/ Winter 2021)
· Expected Start Date: January 2020
This is a year-round, part-time opportunity. You will be working 15-20 hours a week during the school year and summer. Based on project needs and performance, there may be potential for an increase in hours.
Your Future Team:
· We are in constant collaboration as a team and cross-functionally.
· We are a flexible and open group of people.
· We believe you'll learn we are approachable, open to questions, new ideas and strive for your growth and success. We are eager to mentor you.
· We truly believe in autonomy and trust you to accomplish your goals.
· Lastly, you’ll work with fellow innovators including industrial designers and marketing.
We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.