Light metals is an established Aluminum Fabrication facility in Wyoming, Michigan, who continues to grow and expand and are seeking an experienced PLC Programmer/ Electronics Technician to join our coveted team.
With an eye on the future, we care about quality and safe equipment, so we work with high quality Allen Bradley equipment and touch screen Human Machine Interface for high performance. Are you are ready to be challenged with new and exciting machine development? Then this is the place for you.
Much of this position will be developing new system, or improving and modifying existing machinery, but additional responsibilities will include trouble shoot, repair, update, & Improve machine control systems for a variety of metal working processes including saws, drills, lead-screw tapping, CMC mills, stamping presses, rotary transfer machines, and a variety of purpose-built automatic machinery.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop PLC software
- Program, Install, and launch HMI touch screens
- Work closely with engineering department to error proof production processes.
- Assist with set up and launch of new production equipment.
- Design & install machine controls for in-house built machinery
- Customize machine control systems on outside purchased machinery.
- Ensure all safety-related devices are present and functioning properly and safely.
- PLC programming experience preferably with Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLC’s
- HMI experience
- Ability to understand electrical ladder logic and mechanical schematics.
- Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems preferred.
CNC machining experience would be a plus. Experience with using Cognex, Keyence, or other vision systems would be a plus.